[notice]What you need:
- Rooted HTC EVO 4G, if your HTC EVO 4G not rooted, you need to root it first.
- SD Card
- Terminal emulator
Access your Android's built-in Linux command line shell. Unleash your inner geek!
Want to know more? Check out the wiki:
Note: Android Terminal Emulator is an open source project. Well written patches to fix bugs or add new features are welcome!
- flash_image file that can be downloaded form here or mirror
- mtd-eng.img file that can be downloaded form here or mirror[/notice]
- Copy flash_image and mtd-eng.img file to your SD card root folder
- Insert SD card to your HTC EVO 4G
- Power up your HTC EVO 4G
- Install terminal emulator on your HTC EVO 4G
- Run terminal emulator on your HTC EVO 4G and do these following commands:
- cat /sdcard/flash_image > /data/flash_image
- cat /sdcard/mtd-eng.img > /data/mtd-eng.img
- chmod 755 /data/flash_image
- /data/flash_image misc /data/mtd-eng.img
After that, your HTC EVO 4G will reboot it self and usb / adb will be detected.
[important]This method will also fix boot loop problem on your HTC EVO 4G for some cases[/important]
[caption id="attachment_30" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="How to fix HTC EVO 4G usb / adb not detected"][/caption]